NinjaTrader no longer supports Ninjatrader 7. If you have previously downloaded and installed Ninjatrader 7, you may follow the connection instructions below. If not, you can head over to the NinjaTrader 8 Connection Instructions.
If you have your own NinjaTrader license key, please download R|Trader Pro and skip to Step 3.
Watch this video for a walkthrough of the connection instructions.
- Be sure to download version 14.17 or higher of R|Trader and follow these instructions to connect.
- Due to a recent update, you will not be able to log in to NinjaTrader 7 and R|Trader at the same time.
- NinjaTrader 7 does not automatically calculate commissions and fees in your trading. Please use the steps here to update the commission's template.
NinjaTrader control center:
- Click Help
- Click License Key
- Erase the current License Key and replace it with @TST-COMB-INE1-RITH-MICF-REE2-LIVE-SIM3
- Click Ok
- When prompted, "Do you want NinjaTrader to be in simulation mode on application startup?", select 'No'
From the NinjaTrader control center:
- Click on the Tools menu, then select Account Connections
- Click Add
- The Connection Options menu will pop up:
- Click Next
- Connection Name: Topstep
- Provider: Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
- To Connect on Startup, click the box to enable
- Historical Data, select: Enabled
- Click Next
- Username, type: (found in Account Information email)
- Password, type: (found in Account Information email)
- System: TopstepTrader Paper Trading
- If you do not see TopstepTrader Paper Trading, you will need to upgrade the version of NinjaTrader you are using by clicking the link in Step 1
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Close Account Connection Set Up window
- From the NinjaTrader Control Center, click on the File menu, hover over Connect, and click Topstep
- You should now see a green box on the bottom left of your NinjaTrader Control Panel that says "Connected to Rithmic For NinjaTrader Brokerage"
If you are still having trouble logging in please click here
Important things to know before getting started:
- During installation, you may receive a pop-up to install .Net Framework. Please allow access to this installation in order for your platform to install properly. .Net Framework installations should be available in your Windows Updates or by conducting a web search for the specific .Net Framework the platform is requesting to be installed. If your computer is up to date, your platform should install without this pop-up message.
- ALWAYS monitor your NET P&L in R|Trader rather than NinjaTrader by clicking on Trader Dashboard and locating the column labeled P&L. R|Trader automatically calculates commissions and fees, while NinjaTrader does not display your Net P&L accurately in real-time. Topstep® Trade Reports are calculated using the data from R|Trader.
- Trades placed in SIM101 will not be sent to us. Please be sure to trade in the correct account (found in the Account Information email).