At Topstep, each trader can have only one Topstep profile or username. Under your one profile, you can have as many 1 Step Trading Combines as you can manage. Many of our traders are deploying and testing different strategies across multiple accounts; others are copy trading.
On the funded side, Topstep offers the ability to have more than one Express Funded Account open simultaneously, with up to three Express Funded Accounts and, when offered, one Live Funded Account active.
If you earn additional funding in addition to having three Express Funded Accounts, any new accounts will be pending until an Express Funded Account is closed.
We understand that traders often have multiple strategies and risk management styles to create, test, and hone while proving trading success all at once. This change enables you to refine your approach while learning at an advanced pace so you can trade confidently at the Funded Level.
Each individual Funded Account will follow the same payout policy. Payout requests from each account do not affect one another. If more than one Express Funded Account is transferred to the Live Funded Account, those funds will be added to the overall account balance. Traders may only have one active Live Funded Account with our brokerage partners.
Permitted Trading in Multiple Express Funded Accounts
Trading in multiple Express Funded Accounts enables you to refine your approach while learning at a flexible and advanced pace so you can continue to trade with confidence. Topstep is a safe space to trade, learn, and grow.
Here’s how you can benefit from trading multiple Express Funded Accounts:
- Trading different products and markets.
- Trading different times of the day. (Examples: The open, economic releases, days of the week, etc.)
- Trading on different platforms.
Prohibited Trading in Multiple Express Funded Accounts
The following conduct is not allowed:
- Taking the opposite trades across multiple accounts in order to “hedge.”
- Trading similarly in partnership with other individuals. (i.e., placing the same trades in the same time increments), opposite strategy, hedging, or other activity.)
- At any time, Topstep has the right to deny multiple Funded Accounts to a user for any reason.
- What combinations of accounts can I have? What can't I have?
- Traders can have up to three (3) different account sizes for Express Funded Accounts. Traders can only have one (1) Live Funded Account when offered a Live trading account. The Live Funded Account parameters will be based on the largest account that is passed.
- Can I have a NinjaTrader Account, TradingView account, and Quantower account at the same time, or do all my accounts need to be from the same data feed?
- We strongly recommend having your accounts on the same platform and same data provider. Once a trader is offered to trade live, there can only be one Live Funded Account.
- If additional Express Funded Accounts are transferred to Live from a different platform, the funds will be transferred to the first Express Funded Account platform that was passed.
- Check out our list of Supported Platforms
- What happens when I pass one or more Express Funded Accounts and already have a Live Funded Account open? (Can I merge my accounts?)
- Any Express Funded Account transferred to Live will have its ending balance added to the active Live Funded Account.
- Each Express Funded Account will need to receive an offer to move to the Live Funded Account before funds can be transferred to a Live Funded Account.
- The Express Funded Account balance that is transferred to the Live Funded Account will be the ending account balance when offered to trade live.